With this straightforward step by step photos recipe of khaman dhokla, you’ll be able to prepare soft and spongy instant dhokla in less than twenty minutes and you are doing not need to prepare batter eight or twelve hours in advance. the key of its sponginess and no demand of advance preparation lies in using popular Eno salt. Follow our straightforward breakfast recipe with step by step photos and see however easy it’s to create mouth watering traditional khaman reception.
|1 cup Gram Flour (Besan/Chickpea Flour)|
|1 tablespoon Semolina (rava/sooji), optional|
|1½ teaspoons Lemon juice|
|1 teaspoon Eno Fruit Salt|
|1 teaspoon crushed Green Chilli-Ginger|
|3/4 cup Water|
|1/4 cup Curd (yogurt)|
|1 teaspoon Oil (for greasing)|
|1/2 teaspoon Salt, or to taste|
|2 tablespoons Oil|
|10-15 Curry Leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (optional)|
|1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds (til)|
|1 tablespoon Sugar|
|4 Green Chillies, slit lengthwise and cut into halves|
|2 tablespoons chopped Coriander Leaves|
|2 tablespoons grated Fresh Coconut|
|1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)|
|1/3 cup Water|
Directions For making Batter and Khaman Dhokla:
- Take all ingredients to arrange batter. Pour approx. 2-3 cups water in steamer at the bottom and warmth it over medium flame. make certain that the steamer is a minimum of 4-5 minutes heated before placing the plates (filled with batter) in it. Grease two small plates or thalis (4-5 in. diameter) using 1-teaspoon oil.
- Take gram flour, semolina, juice, green chili-ginger paste, 3/4 cup water, curd, and salt in a bowl. Mix them properly into the sleek batter. Make certain that there are not any lumps.
- Add fruit salt in the batter and stir in one direction for approx. 1 minute. you\’ll notice its size would increase to immediately double.
- Now, pour the batter straight off into every greased plate and fill it up to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place plates in steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes over medium flame.
- After 10-12 minutes, insert a knife or strip into dhokla and check if it comes out clean. If it does, then it’s prepared otherwise cook 2-3 minutes additional.
- Takeout plates from the steamer and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Cut fluffy khaman dhokla into tiny squares using a knife.
- Heat two tablespoons oil during a small pan or tempering pan. Add mustard seeds and asafetida. once seeds begin to crackle, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, sesame seeds, and green chilies, saute them for 5-10 seconds.
- Add 1/3 cup water and sugar and bring it to boil; let it cook for a minute over a high flame. Tempering is prepared, pour it over dhoklas, and toss gently till every dhokla is coated well with tempering.
- Garnish with shredded coriander leaves and grated coconut and serve with green coriander chutney.